Lost, Stolen or Compromised Cards
If a PCard is lost or stolen, or if you suspect that your PCard number is at risk, you must report the card lost/stolen to Bank of America within 24 hours.
Follow these steps any time your PCard or PCard number is at risk:
- Call the PCard Office
- Call Bank of America at 866-500-8262
- Send an email to the PCard Office including all fraudulent activity
- Report fraud to the vendor immediately
- Follow up with the PCard Office until all fraudulent activity has been credited or resolved
- Reconcile the transaction in Chrome River and include detailed notes about the reported fraud.
- Send an email to email@example.com when the credit has been posted.
It is vital that the Cardholder keeps their PCard and PCard number secure. As a Cardholder, security is your responsibility. The following are some things you can do to help keep your PCard number secure and prevent fraud.
- Never email your PCard number to anyone
- Never release information about your PCard including the CID (last three digits on the back of your PCard) to anyone over the phone unless you are initiating an order with a trusted vendor.
- Beware of anyone contacting you by phone or email requesting information about your PCard!
- Always keep your PCard in a secure location