Applying for a Purchasing Card
Applications for a PCard must be completed and submitted to the PCard Office either by postmail- MSC01 1240 Purchasing/PCard or by email.
The procedure for applying for a PCard is listed below:
- After completion of the PCard Program (Web Course EOD346) and submitting the training certification through Employee and Organizational Development, complete the Cardholder Agreement Form and Application for a PCard Form.
- The Cardholder must agree to the provisions of the Cardholder Agreement.
- The Dean, Director, or individual with budgetary responsibility for the default index will determine the limits for the Cardholder.
- A Cardholder can be limited to a maximum number of transactions on a daily or monthly basis, or both, or may have a dollar limit daily.
- The credit limit is established by the department. The maximum allowed single purchase limit is $10,000.
- The Dean, Director, Chair, or other budgetary authority must sign the Application for a PCard and agree to the Cardholder Agreement.
- The Application for a PCard should be sent to the PCard Office, MSC01 1240 or by email.
- The PCard Office will approve the Application for a PCard and verify that the requesting Dean, Director, Chair, etc. has budgetary authority.
- The PCard Office will review the Application and, if in order, will transmit the information to the bank. Cards are typically available within 7 days.
- An email will be sent to the cardholder with a schedule for pickup when the card is ready.
- The Cardholder will be required to sign a receipt for the PCard and the Cardholder Agreement.